For Acronis True Image 2017 or earlier, the cloning should be done from Acronis bootable media. However, since Acronis True Image 2018, you can clone directly without a bootable media. In addition to disk clone, this program also features with disk backup, partition backup, and disk restore, etc. However, allow me to inform all Australian users that according to Acronis technical support, perpetual licences for the True Image family are not available to purchase from their website. However, upgrading from a previous version will give you Standard 2020, as will purchasing from a wholesaler, as I'm discovering. Confusing to say the least.
- Acronis True Image 2020 Standard (perpetual)
- Acronis True Image 2020 Standard Build
- Acronis True Image 2020 Standard Specifications
The table below summarize similarities and differences between feature set in Acronis True Image 2020 in Windows and in macOS.
|Feature/Option||Acronis True Image on Windows||Acronis True Image on MacOS|
|Entire machine backup||YES||YES|
|Entire machine restore||YES (backups of Windows computers)||YES (backups of Macs)|
|Disk-level restore||YES (backups of Windows computers)||YES (backups of Macs)|
|File-level restore||YES (backups of Windows computers)||YES (backups of Macs)|
|Browsing archive content||YES||YES|
|Backup to Cloud||YES||YES|
|Backup to a USB drive||YES||YES|
|Backup to a network share||YES||YES|
|Backup to ftp||YES||NO|
|Backup to CD||YES||NO|
|Backup to Acronis Secure Zone||YES||NO|
|Full backup type||YES||YES|
|Differential backup type||YES||NO|
|Incremental backup type||YES||YES*|
|Archive cleanup by time||YES||YES|
|Archive cleanup by number of backups||YES||YES|
|Dual protection: automatic replication of backup to the Cloud Storage||YES||YES|
|Data center selection||YES||YES|
|Data upload speed customization||YES||YES|
|Email notifications about backup status||YES||YES|
|Tray Notification Center||YES||YES|
|Acronis Nonstop backup||YES||NO|
|Acronis Universal Restore||YES||NO|
('Protect all Acronis True Image files from ransomware' option)
|Disk cloning(under bootable media)||YES||NO|
|Acronis Startup Recovery Manager||YES||NO|
|Convert a .tib file to a Windows backup (.vhd(x) file)||YES||NO|
|Import and export backup settings||YES||NO|
|Mobile backup to a folder on your computer||YES||YES|
|Add an existing backup to the backup list||YES||YES|
|Clean up backup versions tool||YES||NO|
|Acronis Survival Kit||YES||YES|
* - Mac users: the first backup is always full, all the subsequent are incrementals.
** - Applies to recovery from Acronis Cloud backups to the original data location using the software interface (not through a web browser). Click here (Windows) or here (Mac) for more information.
Combining reliable backup with proven anti-malware technology, our unique cyber protection solution effectively safeguards all of your data, apps, and systems.
Acronis True Image 2020 Standard (perpetual)
- Dual Protection: Replicate your local image backup in the cloud automatically so you always have an off-site copy available for recovery. Automates your 3-2-1 backup strategy, completing the backup and replication simultaneously.
- Enhanced Backup Technology : To retain control over their data, users need easy, efficient access to their backed up content. Our new backup format delivers a better overall performance, enabling faster browsing of cloud backups, improved backup / recovery speeds and data deduplication.
- Tray Notification Center: Get messages pushed to your desktop tray so you can monitor the status of your backups, and quickly respond to any issues.
- Back Up on Selected Wi-Fi: Control how and where you back up to the cloud so you avoid the metered connections and unsecure public networks that can expose your data.
- Custom Power Management: Keep your laptop going by managing backups so they don’t drain the battery. You can set a minimum power level for backups, or completely block backups on battery power.
- Power Nap Backups: How efficient would it be if you could get tasks done while you were asleep? Mac users come close now that they can choose to back up their machine’s data when it enters Power Nap mode.
- Cloud Restores: Enjoy a faster performance and more intuitive experience. Integrated with the online dashboard, our cloud restores are even easier to navigate.
- Enriched Anti-Ransomware: As cyberthreats continue to evolve, we constantly enhance Acronis Active Protection to stay ahead of them. Our new machine learning models make it more effective, and the latest version now stops illicit service termination attacks. You will be informed of the reason a particular process is being monitored or blocked as malicious.
- Enhanced Backup Technology: Prevent ransomware from encrypting your files, infecting your network, or crippling your system with Acronis Active Protection, our artificial intelligence and machine learning-based technology that detects and stops ransomware, and automatically reverses its effects. The latest version stops illicit service termination attacks and shows why an item was flagged.
- Mac Restores: Restore your data to a new Mac machine more easily, even if it is spread across APFS volumes on your current system.