Space-based, persistent world massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by CCP Games.Wikipedia
- Gameplay of Eve Online
Player-driven, persistent-world massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in a science fiction space setting, developed and published by CCP Games. Characters pilot customizable ships through a galaxy of 7,800 star systems.Wikipedia
- Final Fantasy XIV
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix. Released worldwide for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 3 in August 2013, as a replacement for the failed 2010 version of the game, with support for PlayStation 4 and OS X releasing later.Wikipedia
- World of Warcraft
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. Announced in 2001, and was released for the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise on November 23, 2004.Wikipedia
- Old School RuneScape
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Jagex. Released on 22 February 2013.Wikipedia
- Anarchy Online
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game published and developed by Norwegian video game development company Funcom. The first in the genre to include a science-fiction setting, dynamic quests, instancing, free trials, and in-game advertising.Wikipedia
- Guild Wars 2
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by ArenaNet and published by NCSoft and ArenaNet. Set in the fantasy world of Tyria, the game follows the re-emergence of Destiny's Edge, a disbanded guild dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, a Lovecraftian species that has seized control of Tyria in the time since the original Guild Wars.Wikipedia
Number 10 - EVE EchoesAndroid: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eve-echoes/id14463846. VR Games & Experiences VR Hardware. Mac OS X SteamOS + Linux. Action Adventure Casual Indie Massively Multiplayer Racing RPG. What is similar to EVE Online? All copyrights and trademarks of this game are held by owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law.
3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game originally developed by Verant Interactive and 989 Studios for Windows PCs. Released by Sony Online Entertainment in March 1999 in North America, and by Ubisoft in Europe in April 2000.Wikipedia
- Black Desert Online
Sandbox-oriented fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss and originally published for Microsoft Windows in 2015. Initially released in Asia by early 2019, and worldwide in December 2019.Wikipedia
- Star Trek Online
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Cryptic Studios based on the Star Trek franchise. Set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.Wikipedia
- Fury (video game)
Player versus player competitive online role-playing game and massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Auran. Published by Gamecock Media Group on October 16, 2007, and was the first game they published.Wikipedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe. Announced on October 21, 2008.Wikipedia
Tactical turn-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Ankama Games, a French computer game manufacturer. Originally released solely in French, it has since been translated into many other languages.Wikipedia
- Ultima Online
Fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released on September 24, 1997 by Origin Systems. Known for its extensive player versus player combat system.Wikipedia
Sandbox MMORPG massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by the independent company, Notorious Games. Set in an apocalyptic fantasy environment, closely modeled on the real world area of Lake Tahoe which spans the California and Nevada border, west of Carson City using US Geological Survey data.Wikipedia
- Final Fantasy XI
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game , developed and published by Square (later Square Enix) as the eleventh main installment of the Final Fantasy series. Released in Japan on May 16, 2002, for PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows-based personal computers in November of that year.Wikipedia
- TERA (video game)
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Bluehole Studio. Released in South Korea on 25 January 2011, in North America on 1 May 2012, and in Europe on 3 May 2012, with closed and open beta tests taking place before the launch dates.Wikipedia
- Vendetta Online
Twitch-based, science fiction massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Guild Software for the operating systems Android, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, and Microsoft Windows. It uses the NAOS game engine, a fully real-time flight model and combat system, to offer first-person/third-person shooter-style player versus player and player versus environment battle action against the backdrop of a massively multiplayer universe.Wikipedia
Fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Jagex, first released in January 2001. Originally a browser game built with the Java programming language, but was largely replaced by a standalone C++-coded client in 2016.Wikipedia
- Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game for Microsoft Windows, developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts. Released on June 26, 2003 to much critical acclaim, it spawned three expansions through 2005.Wikipedia
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Third expansion pack to Final Fantasy XIV, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and PlayStation 4. Released on July 2, 2019, two years after Stormblood, the previous expansion.Wikipedia
- EverQuest II
3D fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game originally developed and published by Sony Online Entertainment for Microsoft Windows PCs and released in November 2004. Sequel to the original EverQuest, released five years earlier, and features updated graphics and more streamlined gameplay compared to the previous entry, as well as an abundance of voice acting with contributions from actors such as Christopher Lee and Heather Graham.Wikipedia
- City of Heroes
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game which was developed by Cryptic Studios and published by NCSOFT. Launched in North America on April 28, 2004, and in Europe by NCsoft Europe on February 4, 2005, with English, German and French servers.Wikipedia
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
Second expansion pack to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and PlayStation 4. Released on June 20, 2017, just under two years after Heavensward, the previous expansion.Wikipedia
- World of Darkness (video game)
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game in development by CCP Games from 2006 until its cancellation in 2014. Based on the World of Darkness series' setting, which several of White Wolf Publishing's tabletop role-playing games take place in.Wikipedia
- World of Warcraft: Legion
Sixth expansion set in the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft, following Warlords of Draenor. Announced on August 6, 2015 at Gamescom 2015.Wikipedia
- Royal Quest
Fantasy themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Katauri Interactive and 1C Online Games. Players are able to play in both player versus environment and player versus player modes within a fantasy and technology based world.Wikipedia
Free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Allods Team in collaboration with Obsidian Entertainment, and published by My.com. Immortal who must strive to become a god and defend the planet from alien invasion from other worlds.Wikipedia
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
First expansion pack to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for Microsoft Windows, Apple's macOS, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. Released on June 23, 2015, nearly two years after the debut of A Realm Reborn.Wikipedia
- Massively multiplayer online role-playing game
Video game that combines aspects of a role-playing video game and a massively multiplayer online game. As in role-playing games (RPGs), the player assumes the role of a character (often in a fantasy world or science-fiction world) and takes control over many of that character's actions.Wikipedia
- The Elder Scrolls Online
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Released for Microsoft Windows and OS X in April 2014, with versions for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S planned.Wikipedia
Sentences forEve Online
- For example, the space simulation Eve Online uses only one large cluster server peaking at over 60,000 simultaneous players.Massively multiplayer online game-Wikipedia
- Krono work like the Plex currency in EVE Online: it allows players to buy an in-game item for real money that adds 30 days of Gold subscription to the account.EverQuest II-Wikipedia
- A sign of this is CCP Games hiring the first real-life economist for its MMOG Eve Online to assist and analyze the virtual economy and production within this game.Massively multiplayer online game-Wikipedia
- Eve Online trains skills in real time rather than using experience points as a measure of progression.Massively multiplayer online role-playing game-Wikipedia
- CCP Games is best known for developing Eve Online, which was released in 2003 and has since been maintained.CCP Games-Wikipedia
- Science fiction has also been a popular theme, featuring games such as Mankind, Anarchy Online, Eve Online, Star Wars Galaxies and The Matrix Online.Massively multiplayer online game-Wikipedia
- Each player represents a CEO of a corporation, aligned with a particular race, and through exploration, mining, and military strength, their goal is to defeat opponent CEOs.CCP Games-Wikipedia
- The later Eve Online (2003) refined Ultima Online's (original) approach of 'PvP anywhere but in town' (where attacking another player is dangerous in and around towns due to interference from NPC 'guards').Player versus player-Wikipedia
- The massively multiplayer video game Eve Online contains an item named 'Antikythera Element' obtained from game content surrounding a mysterious group of non-player characters themed as ancient Greeks.Antikythera mechanism-Wikipedia
- Games such as Eve Online, PlanetSide 2 and the Call of Duty franchise now link directly to Twitch as well.Twitch (service)-Wikipedia
- Sean Smith, a forum moderator and leading member of the Something Awful alliance in Eve Online, was killed in the attack on Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012.Something Awful-Wikipedia
- An example of a game where this is not the case is Eve Online, where players can be, and often are, ambushed by other human players player versus player while attempting to complete a quest.Player versus environment-Wikipedia
- Woodhead has also served on the Eve Online Council of Stellar Management with an in-game avatar name of Trebor Daehdoow.Robert Woodhead-Wikipedia
- The Space themed MMO Eve Online features a weapon called a stasis webifier.Stasis (fiction)-Wikipedia
- Usually, it refers to MMORPGs, where players must pay to maintain a playing account, as is the case with Eve Online or World of Warcraft.Pay to play-Wikipedia
- Rare was inspired by players of PC titles such as Eve Online, DayZ and Rust, who used the tools provided by these games to create their own personal stories.Sea of Thieves-Wikipedia
- Basshunter is a fan of video games such as Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and Eve Online, as well as guitars.Basshunter-Wikipedia
- There were outliers, however, such as the X series (1999–2016) and Eve Online.Space flight simulation game-Wikipedia
- In Eve Online, a class of capital ships, the Minmatar carrier, are called Nidhoggur.Níðhöggr-Wikipedia
- Virtual Worlds such as Eve Online and Second Life also have people and systems that govern them.Virtual world-Wikipedia
- Open Play gameplay is similar to Eve Online in that many actions that would be considered griefing in other multiplayer games are generally permitted, as long as there is a valid roleplaying reason (e.g. robbery, extortion and blocking off star systems).Elite Dangerous-Wikipedia
- In the game Eve Online the Cruiser class ship Thorax has two advanced variations.Deimos (deity)-Wikipedia
- The developers collaborated with CCP Games and their successful use of 'PLEX' for Eve Online as a way of deterring gold farmers.TERA (video game)-Wikipedia
- Curse also provides live coverage of game industry events including the Penny Arcade Expo, Gamescom, MineCon, BlizzCon, and the Eve Online Fanfest.Curse LLC-Wikipedia
- As for an actual economic model, secondary market turnover in popular player vs player oriented MMORPGs without trade restrictions such as Runescape, EVE Online and Ultima Online has been estimated at around 1.1 dollar per concurrent player and day.Virtual economy-Wikipedia
- Dust 514 took place in New Eden and was directly connected to CCP's game Eve Online.Dust 514-Wikipedia
- Some of the games that use Morpheme include BioShock Infinite, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Eve Online and Pure.NaturalMotion-Wikipedia
- Project Discovery was launched as a vehicle by which geneticists and astronomers with the University of Geneva could access the cataloging efforts of the gaming public via a mini-game contained within the Eve Onlinemassively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).Serious game-Wikipedia
- While Rare is traditionally a console game developer, it realized how players from PC survival games like DayZ and Rust, and simulation games such as Eve Online, crafted their own stories by using the tools provided in the game.Sea of Thieves-Wikipedia
- Darkfall departs from the conventional MMORPG paradigm of character levels as the main form of character progression, favouring instead a broad skill-based system, similar to that found in games such as Ultima Online, Eve Online, Wurm Online and Asheron's Call.Darkfall-Wikipedia
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Eve Online
Come on, who does not like to play the popular MMORPG in the current time. And when you have games like Eve Online with you which are all set on the theme of space exploration, the fun becomes twice than ever.
Top 10 Games like Eve Online
If you are someone who is a big fan of space adventure and action games then I think this section literally belongs to you. It features some amazing alternative games like Eve Online here which are incorporated with role-playing and online multiplayer elements. I am sure you people would have a great time playing these games.
1. Star Trek Online
Eve Online Similar Games Online
Star Trek Online is a type of MMORPG and the first choice in this list of games like Eve Online. Just like the later one, this is also a space based game which is developed by Cryptic Studios and got released in 2010. The game belongs to the Star Trek Franchise and followed by Star Trek: Nemesis.
The plot of Star Trek Online is set in the 25th century and along with having a paid version, it offers a free to play access to the users too.
Star Trek Online is set in the year 2409/10 and shows United Federation of Planets and Klingon Empire on war. Now, as it is a multiplayer game, then each player is supposed to act as the captain of their own ship. While selecting a race, player needs to fight with other players in form of Starships.
There are various customization options for player’s character as well as the modes of the game. If a player wants then he can move around as a person without his/her ship in different modes of the game. The various settings and controls of the game makes it more user-friendly than Eve Online.
2. Star Conflict
You can find so many games similar to Eve Online on the basis of its RPG genre and space settings but my job was to find out the best ones for you. So, the next one in this quest is Star Conflict which is dynamic MMO game based on the theme of space action.
Star Conflict is a free to play game developed by Targem Games and published by Gaijin Entertainment and got released in 2012.
Unlike many of the games like Eve Online enlisted here, Star Conflict is more like a space simulation game which is power packed with action and combat modes. A player can select various roles/classes for him and needs to control a spaceship throughout the game.
There are PvP and PvE modes where the basic task remains to ultimately kill the enemy spaceship. Apart from these two modes, there is an open world sandbox mode too. You are going to find different missions in the PvP mode which keeps the game moving in a successive manner and hence player always remains interested in discovering what is next.
I am sure many of you might not even hear of this game before but trust me Perpetuum is one of the finest MMORPG in this list of games like Eve Online. It is developed and published by Avatar Creations Ltd and released in 2010.
I liked the game mostly because of its science fiction world setting where you can see flying ridable robots and teleport features.
The plot of this game is set after the year 2208 where teleportation is possible. Now, players are supposed to choose from previously created character or they can create one of their choice too. The specifications chosen by player reflects upon the mode and settings of the game developed further.
There are various islands in the Perpetuum universe which are designated as Alpha, Beta and Gamma having different characteristics. This is a highly customizable game which is quite entertaining and mostly focuses upon the combat and action modes. As you move forward in the game you tend to gain extension points which reflect further on your gameplay.
4. Elite: Dangerous
As I have already listed earlier, there are so many free games like Eve Online, however, Elite: Dangerous is not one of them. Still, this is a very popular space adventure and combat simulation game developed and published by Frontier Developments which was released in 2014.
The gameplay is open ended which means there is no specific objective of this game. This is the fourth game in Elite series and the first one to engage MMO features.
The plot is set in the year 3300 and incorporates the basic features from the previous versions of this game. The player has a spaceship and small amount of in-game currency and he needs to explore various planets by making way into open galaxy.
There are elements in the game like trading, combat, assassination, mining, bounty hunting etc. It has both single player and multiplayer modes which made it the biggest hit in the entire Elite series and also a wonderful game to include in the list of games like Eve Online. Elite: Dangerous also includes the feature of first person shooting too.
5. Dark Orbit
Dark Orbit is a MMO game with the element of slight role playing in it. It is developed and published by Bigpoint and released in 2006. The game belongs to the genre of space adventure and action and it has more than 95 million users accessing it.
Being a web browser game comes with some limitations like you need to have flash player and of course you cannot play it on the go too.
However, despite that Dark Orbit gained huge popularity and all thanks to its interesting concept for that. When the gameplay starts, the player needs to choose between three companies they want to be part of. Player is supposed to win power and wealth throughout the game’s quests and missions.
The MMO feature and space adventure makes it a perfect option in the list of games like Eve Online along with great gaming rewards and fun. The game offers less customization features as compared to other games but still, it has its own perks and adventures.
Compatible with: Web Browser
6. X3: Terran Conflict
X3: Terran Conflict or popularly known as X3TC is another one in the list of games like Eve Online. It is developed by Egosoft and released in 2008. This is a space trading and combat simulator game. Unfortunately, the game does not incorporate MMO feature and can be played in single player mode only.
However, you will finally get to play a space adventure game which is quite different from other ones and involves amazing tactics and new features.
Games Like Eve Online Pc
Of course, there are so many games similar to Eve Online but what makes X3TC different yet interesting than others is that it has some really deep customization features. It is set from first person perspective the environment is constantly changing where player is supposed to explore.
The player explores its ship throughout the gaming world and takes part in various activities like exploration, combat, construction, trading etc. Being open ended makes it kind of dull but still, it is played a lot.
7. Ascent: The Space Game
Ascent: The Space Game is a MMO and as the name says, it is based on the theme of space simulation and exploration. The game was released in 2013 and developed by Jam. This game is set in the 3D space environment which makes it even more interesting than ever.
There are so many elements of this game which means you are not going to get bored doing only one thing in it. However, it still differs from the rest of the games like Eve Online.
Players are supposed to involve in work of their choice like construction, combat, trading etc. To be true, the game is more simulation driven and hence construction is going to be its major key rather than combat and action.
Of course being an MMO makes it quite interactive and interesting. You can indulge in activities like research, farming, mining, harvesting, colonizing etc.
8. FTL: Faster Than Light
FTL comes in the category of free games like Eve Online which was released in 2012. It is developed and published by Subset Games and it is a type of spaceship simulator game. Designed with a top-down roguelike theme, it is only a single player game which means it lacks the MMO feature.
Player controls the spacecraft which has the capability to travel Faster Than Light and it belongs to the galactic foundation.
In the starting of the game, player chooses its spaceship and crew too. The game has eight space sectors and the player must jump between various waypoints to finally reach to the exit. Of course, you indulge in combat modes too when the system tries to compete with you.
There are various customization options in this game too like the other games like Eve Online. You can choose between 8 classes, weapons and many more. Each race/class has different specifications and powers so choose wisely.
9. Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Old Republic is a MMORPG based on the Star Wars Universe. It is developed by BioWare Austin and published by Electronic Arts and released in 2011. The plot of course talks about intergalactic wars and crazy space adventure like the rest of the games like Eve Online.
The plot shows the peace between Sith Empire and Galactic Republic. It is set in the world which is 300 years after the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
Players are supposed to choose their team between Sith Empire and Galactic Republic. However, it does not affect much things except morality. There are various parts of this game like mission completion, combat, exploration and many more.
There are of course various player classes defined which reflects upon the skills and powers of a player. Fans of the Star Wars franchise would surely love this game.
10. DarkStar One
The last one in this list of alternative games like Eve Online is DarkStar One which is a space trading and combat game. DarkStar One is developed by a German gaming studio Ascaron Entertainment and released in 2006.
The plot of the game is set in Milky Way Galaxy in a different solar system Pencah. The protagonist of this story is Kayron Jarvis whose role is supposed to be played by the player.
There are various classifications of races in the game like Terrans, Raptor, Mortok, Thul etc. The player can choose anyone of them before starting the game. The rest of the game is divided between four adventurous quests and winning them leads you to further challenge.
Just like every other games like Eve Online, there are various variations and customization options in the game which keeps it interesting and fun throughout. There are more side quests, missions and storyline quests in this game which incorporate even more fun in the game. Some of the elements of the game are bounty hunting, trading, mining, combat and others.
Well, my final words about these games like Eve Online are that these are just a handful recommendations for such games. Actually, there are a plenty of others too. However, for a long run I think you should go for these games for now.
In fact, some of the games in this list are free to play too. This means you have the opportunity to play some of the finest space adventure MMO games for absolutely free. However, that applies for a specific period only. You can discover more by reaching to the official websites of the games which I have mentioned here.