- Khichdi Serial Season 2 First Episode
- Khichdi Tv Show
- Khichdi Serial Wiki
- Khichdi Serial Videos
- Khichdi Serial Season 2
|Written by||Aatish Kapadia|
|Directed by||Aatish Kapadia|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||98 (list of episodes)|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||10 September 2002 –|
20 July 2004
Khichdi is a Hindi language sitcom produced by UTV Software Communications in association with Hats Off Productions, which debuted on STAR Plus on 10 September 2002. The series has been rerun on STAR Plus and its sister channels several times. It served as the first season of the Khichdi franchise Unlike other Hindi sitcoms, which continuously air throughout the year, Khichdi is one of the earliest shows on Indian television to adopt the Western model of appearing in seasons. The second series in the franchise was called Instant Khichdi, which aired on STAR Plus's sister channel, STAR One. The reruns have aired on several channels including STAR Utsav and Pogo. A twenty-episode third series also titled Khichdi premiered on 14 April 2018 on Star Plus.
Khichdi follows the story of a Gujarati family called Parekhs, who lives in an old mansion. The joint family encounters many typically Indian situations, but they try to solve it in the most atypical fashion imaginable. This is a funny bunch of people that are firmly united in their movement to get separated. They want to sell their ancestral property and move out and form their own nuclear families. But the head of their family does not agree. He gives them the choice to walk out and survive on their own, but nobody is ready to let go of the money that is due to them. So they stay together and wait for the 'head' to change his mind or stop breathing, whichever happens first. And this is where the upwardly mobile middle-class joint family faces its trials and tribulations. Khichdi is a look at the lighter side of an Indian joint family.
|Tulsidas Parekh||Anang Desai||He is the family patriarch. He is always in a bad mood but is known to have a good heart. His wife, Damyanti who suffering a heart attack and she died, Tulsidas lives with his family in his very old ancestral house called 'Mohan Niwas'. He does not agree to sell it at any cost, in spite of repeated persuasion from his children. He appears to be fed up of his family members but, deep down, loves them. All family members call him 'Babuji'.|
|Praful Parekh||Rajeev Mehta||He is the eldest son of Tulsidas. He is notoriously stupid. He is often seen interpreting things at face value, leading to hilarious situations. He never does anything right, which makes people (especially Tulsidas) mad at him, who would utter the now popular dialog 'Praful! Tu toh Gadhaa Hai!' (Praful! You're a Donkey!). He also translates English words for his wife, although always incorrectly.|
|Hansa Parekh||Supriya Pathak||She is Praful's wife. She is as stupid as Praful, or perhaps more than him. She never works in the house, while repeating, 'Mein to thak Gayi bhaaishaab' ('I'm so tired'). She is always richly dressed and cannot live without wearing 'Gajre' (strings of flowers) in her hair. She doesn't speak English and hence needs to have it translated by Praful, which has great comic results.|
|Jayshree Parekh||Vandana Pathak||She is the widowed daughter-in-law of Tulsidas. She is the wife of Praful's brother, Bharat. She loves to cook & gossip and is often seen on the phone talking to her Ba (mother). She controls the management of the household. She aims to sell 'Mohan Niwas' and live in an independent apartment. She always irritates Tulsidas while serving tea to him. Hansa and Jayshree are childhood friends.|
|Himanshu Seth||Jamnadas Majethia||He is Hansa's younger brother. He also lives with the Parekhs & is as stupid as Hansa & Praful, with Babuji derisively addressing him as Moonchowaale Hansa (Mustached Hansa). He has a Catering business. His favorite line is 'Kissi ko pata nahi chalega' ('No one will know about it').|
|Chakki Parekh||Richa Bhadra||She is the daughter of Praful and Hansa. Unlike her parents, she is intelligent. She has a catchphrase, 'Bade Log Bade Log' (Oh! the elders, the elders!), which she repeats along with her cousin Jacky.|
|Jackky Parekh||Yash Mittal||He is the only son of Jayshree. Like Chakki, he is also intelligent and has the catchphrase 'Bade Log Bade Log', which he says along with Chakki.|
|Badi Maa||Dina Pathak /|
|She is the mother of Tulsidas. Her name is Diwaliben Parekh. She is very fun-loving and very fond of pani-puri (a popular spicy snack).|
|Raju Parekh||Amit Varma||He is the third son of Tulsidas. He starts flirting with any young beautiful girl he meets. He is married to Melissa.|
|Melissa Parekh||Tina Parekh||She is Raju's wife. She is beautiful and well-educated. Jayshree is jealous of her and calls her 'Kadki'. Tulsidas regularly says of her, 'Maine to pehle hi Kaha tha ki ye ladki Raju ke liye theek Nahi hai' ('I had said at the outset that this girl is not right for Raju').|
|Heera Parekh||Arya Rawal||She is the daughter of Tulsidas. She is very lazy and always has the urge to go to the toilet. She is older than her fraternal-twin, Meera.|
|Madhuri||Sweety Nayak||She is Heera's personal maid. Though she is a servant, Tulsidas is scared of her because she always gets angry with him.|
|Meera Parekh||Ami Trivedi||She is the youngest daughter of Tulsidas. She always holds a stick & behaves like a teacher. She is married to Bhavesh Kumar.|
|Bhavesh Kumar||Kamlesh Oza||He is Meera's husband. He lives with the Parekhs instead of in his own house. He is always hungry and keeps eating all the time, without doing any work.|
|Mr. Mehta||Dinyar Contractor||He is the boss of Praful in office. He always gets mad at Praful's mistakes.|
|Parminder Singh (I)||Gireesh Sahedev||He becomes the neighbor of Parekhs when they start living in 'Jagdamba Niwas'. In his entire family, everybody else is also named Parminder. He always argues with Tulsidas. He & his family imitate all the happenings in Chandigarh in their lifestyle.|
|Bhabhi Parminder||Seema Pandey||She is Parminder's wife. Whenever she speaks, she makes a weird face which confuses everyone whether she meant good or bad.|
|Bhai Parminder||Damandeep Singh Baggan||He is Parminder's younger brother. He is equally stupid as Praful.|
|Behen Parminder||Anokhi Srivastava||She is Parminder's younger sister. She marries Himanshu.|
|Jignesh||Aatish Kapadia||He is Jayshree's younger brother, also living with the Parekhs. He has a habit of repeating a sentence three times before finally speaking. His frequently used phrase is 'Mujhe lagta hai ki...'|
Awards and nominations
Khichdi has been almost continuously awarded television awards ever since its debut
- 2004: Favorite Chota Bachcha - Yash Mittal as Jacky
- 2004: Favorite Beta - Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2004: Favorite Bhai - Jamnadas Majethia as Himanshu
- 2004: Favorite Bhabhi - Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2004: Favorite Devar - Amit Varma as Raju
- 2004: Favorite Devraani - Vandana Pathak as Jayshree
- 2004: Favorite Sasur - Anang Desai as Tulsidas Parekh (Babuji)
- 2004: Favorite Jodi - Rajeev Mehta as Praful & Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2007: Favorite Bhabhi - Supriya Pathak as Hansa
Indian Television Academy Awards
- 2004: Best Actress-Comedy - Supriya Pathak as Hansa
Indian Telly Awards
- 2003: TV Actor in a Comic Role (Female) - Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2004: BEST Actor in a Comic Role (Male) - Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2004: Sitcom Writer of the Year - Aatish Kapadia
- 2003: TV Child Artiste of the Year - Yash Mittal as Jacky
- 2004: The TV Sitcom / Comedy programme of the Year
- 2004: Lyricist of the Year - Aatish Kapadia
- 2004: Music Director of the Year - Uttank Vora
- 2004: Director of the Year (Sitcom) - Aatish Kapadia
- 2004: Child Artiste of the Year (Female) - Richa Bhadra as Chakki
- 2004: Child Artiste of the Year (Male) - Yash Mittal as Jacky
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Male) - Rajeev Mehta as Praful
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Male) - Anang Desai as Tulsidas Parekh
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Female) - Supriya Pathak as Hansa
- 2004: Actor in a Comic Role (Female) - Vandana Pathak as Jayshree
- 2004: Ensemble (complete star cast of a programme)
- 2004: The Weekly Serial of the year
- 2004: Scriptwriter of the year - Aatish Kapadia
- ^'Star to launch new weekly comedy in September'. Indiantelevision.com. 22 August 2002.
- ^''Khichdi 2' to end this month'. Retrieved 1 June 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Star Parivaar Awards Nominees 2004'. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'ITA Awards 2004 Winners'. Archived from the original on 26 May 2012.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Husband-wife duo Pankaj Kapoor, Supriya Pathak take the comedy cake'.
- ^'Winners list of the Sangini Indian Telly Awards 2004- Popular'.
- ^'Winners list of the Sangini Indian Telly Awards 2004- Technical'.
- ^'Nominees for the Popular Awards Indian Telly Awards 2003'.
- ^'Nominees for the Popular Awards Indian Telly Awards 2004'. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
Khichdi Serial Season 2 First Episode
- Khichdi at IMDb
- Khichdi on hotstar
Khichdi TV Serial Cast Real Names with Photographs information and details given here. Khichdi was one of the most popular TV series in India. It was first aired on 10th September, 2002. In this TV serial story, a Gujarati family is living together. Some members are modern and some are old desi styles. This TV serial is running since many years due to its popularity.
Brief Information and Details on Khichdi TV Serial
- First episode: 10th September, 2002
- Total numbers of episodes broadcast: 98
- Produced by: Aatish Kapadia and J.D. Majethia.
- Director: Aatish Kapadia
- Writer: Aatish Kapadia
- Broadcast on: Star Plus
List of all characters in Khichdi TV series with their original names and photographs.
Tulsidas Parekh real name is Anang Desai
Praful Parekh real name is Rajeev Mehta
Hansa Parekh real name is Supriya Pathak
Jayshree Parekh real name is Vandana Pathak
Chakki Parekh real name is Richa Bhadra
Khichdi Tv Show
Jacky Parekh real name is Yash Mittal.
Badi Maa real name is Lily Patel
Badi Maa real name is Dina Pathak
Khichdi Serial Wiki
Raju Parekh real name is Amit Varma
Melissa Parekh real name is Tina Parekh
Heera Parekh real name is Arya Rawal
Madhuri real name is Sweety Nayak
Mira Parekh real name is Ami Trivedi.
Bhavesh Kumar real name is Kamlesh Oza
Mr. Mehta real name is Dinyar Contractor
Himanshu Seth real name is Jamnadas Majethia
Parminder Singh (I) real name is Gireesh Sahedev
Parminder (II) real name is Seema Pandey
Parminder (III) real name is Damandeep Singh Baggan
Parminder (IV) real name is Anokhi Srivastava
Jignesh real name is Aatish Kapadia.
We hope that the information on Khichdi TV Serial Cast Real Names with Photographs will be useful to all. Are you big fan of Khichdi? Then please share this article on social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Google+ and Digg.
Khichdi Serial Videos
Read Also:Pardes Mein Hai Meraa Dil Cast Real Names with Photographs
Khichdi Serial Season 2
Article Title: Khichdi TV Serial Cast Real Names with Photographs
Article last re-published on November 13, 2016.