DiscWizard is the Acronis true image free version for seagate hard drive, just like True Image Home, DiscWizard allows us create a rescue cd, we can boot our computer from the rescue cd and restore system partition in case it becomes unbootable. But you can not create a rescue usb disk directly. I’ll show you how to create a bootable usb drive for DiscWizard in the following paragraph.
- 1 - First installed Seagate (Acronis) Disc wizard - tool to get disc serial number. Number did not work!! 2 - Bought Acronis True Image 2020 from Amazon - box had HAD NO DISC 3 - Returned it for replacement - NO DISC AGAIN 4 - Said screw it and downloaded product - inserted activation number - activation OK.
- Got a backup created using Acronis True Image (or any other Acronis product), and need to restore it to a new computer? In this article, we’ll learn how to restore not just your files, but also your programs, profiles, settings, emails, accounts and all the rest – from the Acronis image backup to a different computer.
1, Create Bootable ISO
Use the “Create Bootable Media” function to build an iso file, then extract it to a new folder, for example, d:TrueImageISO.
2, Download syslinux
Syslinux is an open source boot loader for Linux developed by H. Peter Anvin.
Uninstalling this variant: In case of problems with schedul2.exe, you may also want to remove the entire program Acronis True Image or Seagate Scheduler 2 using Windows Control Panel, visit the www.acronis.com support page or update the program to the latest version. Seagate Barracuda. As well as the larger cache, the Seagate Barracuda comes with multi-tier caching technology. This enhances the performance of the hard drive and your files and applications will be loaded even faster. There is optional data recovery, but this is not included. This comes with WD Acronis True Image software.
Download syslinux then extract the archive, copy the file syslinux.exe in the win32 folder to D:.
3, Create bootable usb drive
- First, format your usb disk as FAT32 format.
- Second, launch windows command prompt, enter D:syslinux.exe X: and press enter.( suppose that you put the file syslinux.exe in the root folder of the D drive, and X: is your usb drive letter. ) You’ll see a hidden file named ldlinux.sys has been added to X:.
- Copy the file kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat from d:TrueImageISO to X:.
- Download the file syslinux.cfg and copy it to drive X, don’t change the filename.
- You are done!
Boot computer from usb drive
Now you can restart your system and boot it from usb drive, you can see the screenshot below:
Learn more about DiscWizard or Acronis True Image WD Edition here.
Seagate DiscWizard is a backup software for Seagate and Maxtor hard drive to protect your critical data, which provides you to backup entire disc drive or individual partitions (sector by sector backup), including operating system and programs, configuration files, software settings, personal settings and data; clone hard drive to another one; recovery from a disaster, etc. If you want to use the advanced features, like Universal Restore, you have to upgrade to enjoy.
If you backup data with Seagate DiscWizard, you will get a .tibx format Seagate image backup file. If you buy a new 3TB or 4TB large hard drive (larger than 2TB), the Seagate DiscWizard will help you to migrate operating system to this larger drive.
How to Use Seagate DiscWizard to Create Image Backup?
Generally speaking, you can create an image backup for your entire hard drive in Seagate DiscWizard with the following text:
1. Choose Backup option in main window after running DiscWizard.
2. Rename the name for the new Seagate image backup file (or click + Add Backup to create a new backup).
3. Click Select source >Entire PC.
4. Click Select destination, and choose one of the three options here: Your external drive, NAS or Browse... to select destination. (Here we choose NAS)
★ Tip: Click Options to customize the settings for the Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup, like Schedule(Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Upon event, Nonstop), Backup Scheme, Email notofications, Exclusions, and backup file management, etc.
5. Press Backup now to create Seagate DiscWizard Image Backup easily.
Then Seagate DiscWizard image backup file will be saved in the Seagate Backups folder in your destination location. Besides, you could also create a Seagate bootable Rescue media (choose one of them as destination: CD/DVD, USB flash drive, ISO image file, WIM image file) just in case.
Seagate DiscWizard Limitations
However, there are some shortcomings of Seagate DiscWizard that you should be aware that:
The disk image backup file only can be restored to the exact same computer and could not restore to other locations.
The Seagate DiscWizard software only supports Seagate and Maxtor hard drive, any other brands of drives not supported.
You cannot backup Windows operating system only.
Seagate DiscWizard not cloning or encounter error code 10 while cloning.
Is there any better way to create Seagate Image Backup? The answer is positive.
Better way to Create Seagate Image Backup
Compared with Seagate DiscWizard, the best free Seagate image backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard will give you more convenience while backing up Seagate hard drive in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (including 32-bit and 64-bit). It’s highly recommended by millions of users due to the reliable performance, comprehensive features and outstanding execution.
Supports all brands hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs), including Seagate, Toshiba, LaCie, Western Digital, ADATA, Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, etc.
Backup operating system, disks, partitions, files as you wish.
You could restore Seagate disk image backup to other locations.
Before backing up, please download the best free Seagate backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper, choose Backup ->Disk Backup in turn.
2. Add Seagate hard drive by clicking Add Disk. Modify the Task Name for Seagate image backup task.
3. Select the destination to store Seagate disk image backup file.
★ Tip: You could choose local disk, external drive, CD/DVD, USB flash drive, Network share, NAS as the destination. Please ensure the destination could save all the data from Seagate hard drive.
4. Press Start Backup to create Seagate image backup in Windows 10/8/7.
✿ Options: You could customize for the Seagate backup image, including comments, compress, split and encrypt, use VSS to backup, sector by sector backup, etc.
✿ Schedule allows you to run the backup task via Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Event triggers/USB plug in, and you could create incremental and differential backup to backup changed part since the last (full) backup. The Event triggers, USB plug in, and the differential backup only available in AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher.
✿Scheme is capable of deleting old backup images automatically if the backups over the number that you specified after the set up, and fully use your storage space. It’s premium features, please get the feature from the higher editions.
How to Restore Seagate Image Backup in Windows 10/8/7?
If you cannot boot up your computer and want to restore computer to previous state, please create a bootable media and then restore like the following:
1. Click Restore, choose Select Task or Select Image File to find Seagate image backup file.
2. Choose the Seagate disk backup image, and hit Next.
3. Tick 'Restore the entire disk' and click Next.
4. Click 'Start Restore'.
✿ Universal Restore allows you restore to dissimilar hardware computer, and the feature is only available in AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher edition, please upgrade to enjoy.
✿ SSD Alignment allows you restore image to SSD and optimize for overall performance for SSD, including its lifespan.
There are 2 ways to create Seagate image backup: Seagate DiscWizard and AOMEI Backupoper Standard. Just find the suitbale way to get your Seagate hard drive protected.
Seagate True Image
If you’re running Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 and SBS 2003, 2008, 2011, please try AOMEI Backupper Server to enjoy AOMEI Image Deploy to deploy images to multiple computers simultaneously, command line backup/restore/clone, dynamic disk volume backup/restore/clone, etc.
Acronis True Image Seagate Edition
To create backups for unlimited computers, please try AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus to enjoy more.