- 2General info
- 3Usage in battles
In addition to the iconic Kamov Ka-50 single-seat attack helicopter — surnamed 'Black Shark' — War Thunder 1.93 comes with the first three Swedish planes, a new Abrams tank, the first Italian. The Ka-50 is really the only one that did include that. The Black Prince was only a pack for pre-order, since then it was included in multi-vehicle packs only with no Ge/prem time. The M18 and P-61 are both available for purchase with GE in game and aren't pack vehicles. So really the only thing you're missing is 2k GE and 15d prem from the Ka-50. A review of the recently added tier 6 Soviet premium, the Ka-50 Black shark-Intro/Outro Song: 'Dont look B.
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the missile.
Describe the type of damage produced by this type of missile (high explosive, splash damage, etc)
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of missiles that have firepower equal to this weapon.
- AGM114B Hellfire: While possessing a longer range, and a higher speed than the Hellfire, the Vikhr lacks the advanced Lock-On After Launch capability, requiring constant optical tracking and guidance.
- PARS 3 LR: The PARS-3 very similar to the Hellfire in most ways, but has a shorter range, at 7.0km, and slower speed, at 290m/s.
- HOT-3: It outdoes the HOT-3 in most fields, but is significantly outclassed in penetration potential, as well as post-penetration damage by the HOT-3.
- BGM-71 TOW 2: It has comparatively lackluster capabilities, outranged by some 6.25km and with almost half the speed of the Vikhr. The TOW-2 only outdoes it in terms of availability, and the number which can be equipped at a time, the TOW-2 with 16 missiles, and the Vikhr with 12.
- 9M120 Ataka: It is almost a direct upgrade in a sense. It is slightly faster, has a considerably longer range, and has 50 millimeters more penetration than the Ataka.
Usage in battles
Describe situations when you would utilise this missile in-game (vehicle, pillbox, base, etc)
This can be used to great effect at long distance against tanks, helicopters, and any other slow-moving targets. This missile also has an unlisted secondary ability; the proximity fuse.
The proximity fuse can make fighting other helicopters and some aircraft quite easy.
It can also be used in conjunction with the 9M39 Igla missile, to bait an attacking jet into evading your Igla, losing all of their energy, and then attacking with your Vikhr when they are vulnerable. This tactic can also be used against helicopters, as they tend to have flares or IRCMs, the Vikhr missile is not affected by either.
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the weaponry in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark pros and cons as a list.
- Maximum range of 10km
- Very high speed relative to other missiles(600m/s)
- Effectively a dual-purpose missile
- Tandem-charge HEAT warhead
- Proximity fuse allows for air-to-air engagements
- Out-ranges almost all SAM systems, with the notable exception of the MIM146
- Does not appear on radar warning receivers
- Lacks the more sophisticated laser-guidance systems of the Hellfire and PARS 3 missiles
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block '/History' (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
War Thunder Ka 50 Nerf
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
War Thunder Ka 50 Spam
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|AAM||AIM-7D Sparrow ·AIM-7E Sparrow|
|AIM-9B Sidewinder ·AIM-9D Sidewinder ·AIM-9E Sidewinder ·AIM-9G Sidewinder ·AIM-9J Sidewinder ·AIM-9L Sidewinder ·AIM-9P Sidewinder|
|AGM||AGM-12B Bullpup ·AGM-12C Bullpup ·AGM-22 ·AGM-65A ·AGM-114B Hellfire ·AGM-114K Hellfire II ·BGM-71D TOW-2|
|ATGM||BGM-71 TOW ·BGM-71A TOW ·BGM-71B TOW ·BGM-71C I-TOW|
|AAM||AIM-9B FGW.2 Sidewinder|
|AGM||HOT-1 ·HOT-2 TOW ·HOT-3 ·PARS 3 LR|
|AAM||9M39 Igla ·R-3R ·R-3S ·R-13M ·R-60 ·R-60M|
|AGM||9K127 Vikhr ·9M17M Falanga ·9M17P Falanga-PV ·9M120 Ataka ·9M120M Ataka|
|Kh-23M ·Kh-25 ·Kh-29L ·Kh-66|
|ATGM||3M7 ·9M14 ·9M113 Konkurs ·9M114 Shturm ·9M123 ·9M133|
|AAM||Fireflash ·Firestreak ·Red Top ·SRAAM|
|ATGM||BAe Swingfire ·MILAN ·MILAN 2 ·ZT3|
|ATGM||Type 64 MAT ·Type 79|
|AAM||AA-20 Nord ·Matra R530 ·Matra R530E ·Matra R550 Magic 1 ·Mistral ·Shafrir|
|AGM||9M14-2 Malyutka-2 ·AS-20 Nord ·AS-30 Nord ·HOT-1 ·HOT-2 TOW ·HOT-3|
|ATGM||Rbs 55 ·Rbs 56|
|AAM = Air-to-Air MissileAGM = Air-to-Ground MissileATGM = Anti-Tank Guided Missile (Ground mounts)SAM = Surface-to-Air Missile|